Before reading this guide
- Have you Set up a production run?
- Have you Added forecast costs to your Profit & Loss?
- Have you ‘confirmed contribution’ on your P&L? If so, your P&L is ready to add ‘Actual’ costs. Read on.
In this guide, learn how to populate the third column of your P&L, ‘Actual’, with the direct costs of your production run. Do this by creating a purchase invoice for each of the costs, via the P&L page.
Go to Work > P&L.
Scroll to the Direct Costs section.
In the Actual column, click the add link on one of the cost category rows.
You arrive at a page to create a new Purchase invoices.
- Add the invoice date
- Enter a description of the invoice if required
- Enter the purchase value and quantity
- Choose a cost category from the Finance code dropdown
- Click Save
When you save, you return to the P&L page where you see the quantity value.
If you want to add another purchase invoice, repeat by going back to the P&L and in the Actual column, click the add link on the cost category rows.
View all purchase invoices on Finance > Purchase invoices.