- Import product data using the Consonance product data spreadsheet template.
- Click here to learn about the general importing process.
1. Add data to the product template to import
- For each row in the spreadsheet template, complete one column or many.
- Some identifying column headings are required, others can be deleted if that helps your workflow.
- Required column heading to identify it as an import of products: Title.
- Each row must have a title to be valid.
Note: Spreadsheets with unknown column names are rejected, so do not change or add column names.
New products only
A new product is created for each row in your spreadsheet. Currently, you cannot update existing products using the importer.
Each new imported product will automatically create a new work and a contract with the same name. If the product name and work name should not be the same, update the work name manually within the system after import.
Multiple new products for the same new work
If several products in your spreadsheet should belong to the same work (hardback, paperback and ebook, for example), use a matching same work identifier for each product. The same work identifier can be any set of characters that is unique within that column. You might choose one of the product’s ISBNs.
The imprint code is optional.
2. Product columns
- Edition number
- Same work identifier
- Pub date
- Publishing status
- Product form
- Imprint code
- Main Thema
- Main BIC subject
3. Product validations
|BIC main code|
00 Undefinedor anything ending in
Aare disallowed as too generic View ONIX product form codes in a new window
12 Recalled (deprecated),
16 Temporarily withdrawn from sale(requires additional fields) View ONIX publishing status codes in a new window
|Thema main code|
The Hobbitis stored with
Theas the title prefix and
Hobbitas the title, for ONIX compliance
4. More product bulk upload options
Other product attributes are available to manage in bulk elsewhere in the system: