The file uploader runs in the background, to allow the upload of many megabytes-worth of multiple files at a time.
1. Go to the file uploader page
There are a number of ways to get to the file uploader page.
- Go to Data exchange > File uploader ⤴, or
- Click through from the dialogue box on the metadata page, when you are uploading a single file. You might choose to upload more files in bulk. Or
- Click through from the production page of a work, on the Production > Production files ⤴ page.
2. Choose your files
Once you have selected your files, click ‘Upload files’. Your files will be queued, ready for uploading.
What should my files be called?
The system assumes that if you are uploading an image file with an extension of JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIF, or TIFF (and regardless of the letters being upper or lower case) it will be a cover.
For covers, name your images [ISBN13].jpg, or [ISBN13].png etc. For instance, 9781905005888.jpg, or 9781905005888.tif, the system looks for an ISBN number in the file name. \
My great book 978-1-9050-0588-8.jpg\ is an acceptable file name.
The image attaches to the product with that ISBN13, and also all other products of the same work, for your convenience, and various image formats and sizes are generated from the file you upload. Upload the highest resolution images that you have available.
3. Check the file associations
All non-image files will be uploaded and stored on the Production > Production files ⤴ page. Go there after the upload to match your files to your works and products.