Basic issue information
- Issue reference number (ID): Typical number to identify different issues.
- Issue name: Issue’s name.
- Description: Briefly describe what the issue concerns.
- Issue author: The person who raise this issue.
- Parties: all the people involved in solving the issue.
- Issue domain: what knowledge area the issue belongs to. (E.g. Editorial, Production, etc.)
- Issue priority: it determines which issue is the most urgent and should be solved first. (E.g. the priorities may encompass Immediate, Soon, Later, etc.)
- Issue severity: how bad the consequence would be if the issue is left unsolved. (E.g. the severity may encompass Vital, Major, Medium, Minor, etc.)
Issue date information
- Date raised: when the issue is raised.
- Date assigned: when the issue is assigned.
- Deadline: when is the final date to get the issue settled.
- Date resolved: when the issue is actually solved.
- Current status: the current status the issue is within. (e.g. investigating, escalated, resolved, etc.)
- Actions updating: Actions performed before issue is resolved (List all the actions according to dates.)
- Resolution: The final resolution to settle the issue.
The issues that you log appear:
- On the assigned users’ home page
- On the work overview page in the workflow section.