1. Go to the work
Search or browse to go to Work > Metadata.
2. Go to the contributors section
Either scroll down or use the right hand scrollspy menu until you get to the contributors section of the page.
3. Click to add
Click the Add button in the contributor section.
Click the three dots to view further options for your contributor(s):
- Download contact details - downloads a simple list of name, address and email in Excel format
- Email contributors - launches an email
- Email contributors (bcc) - launches an email with recipients in bcc
5. Choose the contributor
Type part of their name under ‘Contributor’ on the form that appears. If your contributor is already in the system, they will be in the dropdown.
6. Alternatively, add a new contributor
Type the name of the new contributor. You’ll be give the option to create them either as a person or an organisation. Complete the form. Click Save.
7. Choose a role
Choose a ‘Role’, e.g. ‘By (author)’.
8. Give a sequence number
Give a ‘sequence number’ if you have more than one contributor, to indicate which order they should be listed in your ONIX feed and on AIs.
This will affect the order that Amazon list your contributors in, so if you have a lead author who must come first, for example, make their sequence number1.
9. Choose relevant geographical info
Choose any regions or countries associated with this contributor.
10. Associate the right products with the contributor
Untick any products that this contributor doesn’t apply to.
11. Click to save
Click Save to go to Work > Metadata.
12. Refine how it displays on your advance information sheet (AI)
On your AI, the contributors will be listed in a format generated programmatically by Consonance. If you want to override this, enter an Authorship description against each of your products.