Where is my contributor info kept?
Each contributor has their own record in Consonance’s contacts area. That’s where you stored information about all people and organisations: authors, agents, illustrators, and companies such as Nielsen, your distributors and your printers.
Create a generic and, optionally, a work-specific biographical note for a contributor. The former will be the default on your AI and in ONIX unless overridden at the work level.
1. Go to the contact page
Browse or search for the contributor.
2. Scroll to Description > Marketing texts
Use the scrollspy menu on the right or scroll down the page.
3. Enter your generic biographical note
This is the biographical note which will be used for all the works by the contributor, unless there’s a more specific one.
4. Optionally, add a specific bio
To add a biographical note specific to a work or its products:
- go to Work > Metadata
- scroll to Marketing texts
- Click the Add button
- Choose ‘Biographical note’ and enter your text in the External text field.
- Click Save.